<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : This Week in Travel Vol.15

Monday, February 9, 2015

This Week in Travel Vol.15

There are so many travel blogs & publications I read on a daily basis! Wanted to share some of my favorite links, articles, info graphics and tips from around the web this week.


Sullivan's Island near Charleston
What a GREAT weekend! We visited Charleston for an early Valentine's Day trip, and it was so fun. I absolutely love going somewhere that neither Matt nor I have been (it doesn't happen often!). We ate and drank our way around the city, and we couldn't have asked for better weather - 60* and sunny the whole time. Sunday was closer to 70*, and I would venture to say I was pretty warm! I'll have a full update & city guide on the southern charmer this week.

Did anyone watch the Grammy's last night? I have to say, I enjoyed Beyoncé, Sia, John Legend/Common, Usher (loved that tribute!) Lady Gaga/Tony Bennet, Ed Sheeran, and Sam Smith. 

I really did NOT enjoy Gwen Steffani (loved her look, not her vocal range), Kanye (no idea what that first song was, and don't get me started on the second song with Rihanna), Hozier, and ESPECIALLY Madonna (GO HOME MADONNA - YOUR CHILDREN ARE EMBARRASSED BY YOU). 

Some thoughts:
- I think Arianna Grande & Katy Perry should have chosen different songs. They're great singers but those were bold choices for a live show. But that's just my opinion, and I have a lot of them when it comes to music... :)
- I think CBS really could have made the show shorter by cutting down on the shameless self plugs.... it was one giant CBS commercial, and 3.5 hrs is a looooong time.
- I would like "Record of the Year" to be changed to "Recording of the Year" so there is less confusion.
- I was shocked by the amount that Beck won, but I think he's a great artist and a welcome change from the obvious choices! 
- I was also shocked at ZERO wins by T-Swift, but I guess Sam Smith won all her awards this time. 
- I was equally shocked and saw it coming that Beyoncé didn't win, and Kayne tried to get on the stage. If he was joking, he should stop, and if he was serious.... COME ON MAN. Lock it up.

Just a few opinions to start your Monday :) What were your Grammy faves?
xo

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home