- Beautiful on a budget? The best hotels under $150 a night.
- Are you a hotel towel-stealer? They can track you.... so it's probably best to swipe the travel sized lotion instead ;)
- With all the recent incidents, an update on air travel safety in Asia.
- Spring break, here we come! Here are the top 30 resorts in Florida. I have at least visited (the pool, beach or restaurants) in several, and I can still say I'd rather stay on Sanibel :)
- Do This, Not That for romantic Valentine's Day destinations!
- Travel the world on $40 a day. It doesn't sound possible, but it totally is!!!!
- The most beautiful coastal towns (hmmm... noticing a trend here). I can vouch for #4 and #12, but i'm sure they're all amazing!
- How one traveler uses multi-leg flights. How I use them, too :)
- Vacation vs. Traveling -- there's a HUGE difference. I travel 95% of the time and vacation 5%.
- Still looking for a Valentine's getaway? Here's the procrastinator's guide ;)
- And a last minute V-Day travel guide for any budget! Seriously, you can do this.
- The next airline trend.... as someone with hips that don't lie, I am NOT a fan of this trend!
- And update on travel to Cuba for those who are anxiously awaiting! Or if you can't get to Cuba yet, here's where you can enjoy some authentic cuban coffee.
|Sullivan's Island near Charleston|
What a GREAT weekend! We visited Charleston for an early Valentine's Day trip, and it was so fun. I absolutely love going somewhere that neither Matt nor I have been (it doesn't happen often!). We ate and drank our way around the city, and we couldn't have asked for better weather - 60* and sunny the whole time. Sunday was closer to 70*, and I would venture to say I was pretty warm! I'll have a full update & city guide on the southern charmer this week.
Did anyone watch the Grammy's last night? I have to say, I enjoyed Beyoncé, Sia, John Legend/Common, Usher (loved that tribute!) Lady Gaga/Tony Bennet, Ed Sheeran, and Sam Smith.
I really did NOT enjoy Gwen Steffani (loved her look, not her vocal range), Kanye (no idea what that first song was, and don't get me started on the second song with Rihanna), Hozier, and ESPECIALLY Madonna (GO HOME MADONNA - YOUR CHILDREN ARE EMBARRASSED BY YOU).
- I think Arianna Grande & Katy Perry should have chosen different songs. They're great singers but those were bold choices for a live show. But that's just my opinion, and I have a lot of them when it comes to music... :)
- I think CBS really could have made the show shorter by cutting down on the shameless self plugs.... it was one giant CBS commercial, and 3.5 hrs is a looooong time.
- I would like "Record of the Year" to be changed to "Recording of the Year" so there is less confusion.
- I was shocked by the amount that Beck won, but I think he's a great artist and a welcome change from the obvious choices!
- I was also shocked at ZERO wins by T-Swift, but I guess Sam Smith won all her awards this time.
- I was equally shocked and saw it coming that Beyoncé didn't win, and Kayne tried to get on the stage. If he was joking, he should stop, and if he was serious.... COME ON MAN. Lock it up.
Just a few opinions to start your Monday :) What were your Grammy faves?