<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Tribute Post

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tribute Post

As most of you already know, i am 5 days away from living alone.

My lovely, talented, thoughtful, fun roommate is leaving me.

Yes, i realize how dramatic that sounds.... :)

Ashlee is leaving for a wonderful reason. She's being completely selfless, giving up life as she knows it, and moving to Haiti to help the educational system through an organization called Reach Global. And at the moment, she's committed to two years.

Two. Years.

(if you read my last post, you're familiar with my fear of time commitment!)

My roommate is about to become a real life, full fledged missionary. And she's ready. She's not only accepted this calling, she's excited for it. I admire it so incredibly much. And i wish more than anything i could ship her a fountain Diet Coke and a place to take bubble baths.

We've had a lot of fun over the past couple of weeks. Photos to follow. She's sitting 5 feet away from me, and just said "wow, you're blogging!" (since i've been slackin these days).... and i don't want her to know it's a blog about her. Muahaha, so far my plan is working and she doesn't even know ;)

Last night we got to have a prayer commissioning service for her at our church (Summit) and then have some dinner and cake with close friends. Not to mention we got to end our night with Ang, enjoying a very nice bottle of wine and just chatting. I will miss these times for sure!

But in t-5 days we leave for the road. We're having one last roommate hoorah - we're driving her zippy little car back to Minnesota (prayers excepted..... mainly that i don't get a ticket driving that fast little thing!!). We're driving to Nashville on night one and allllll the rest of the way that day.

it's really far.

You get the drift. I'm currently doing my best to make as many awesome playlists as i can that will keep me motivated at 10pm driving through cornfields : )

But really, pray for Ashlee. Pray for her time there, for the people she'll be ministering to, and pray for her new way of life in Haiti. I'm going to miss her oh so much as a roommate and a near by friend and person i know i can count on and go to for advice, and as much as i hate the thought of her leaving, i'm so excited to support her in this journey. I've got to stop writing, because i'm not allowed to cry yet!!!

So cheers to you, dear roommate - i'll come visit Haiti soon ;)

And after all this craziness dies down, i promise to blog more. 

Well, i promise to blog more one week after that - because i'm being reunited with three of my best friends in CHICAGO for Memorial Day weekend slash Ashley's 25th!!!!!

me, ash, case, and kim.... circa Spring 2005. 

First picture i could find of the four of us together... Man we look rough. Get ready for much better looking photos. Until then, everyone be good!

xo

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you roommate!! So thankful to have you in my life!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home