<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Packing for Italy in the Fall

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Packing for Italy in the Fall

We are leaving for Italy in a WEEK! I'll be doing a trial run of my packing over the weekend, so I've been narrowing down what I want to carry around in a 45L backpack all week (hint: i really don't want to carry much). The 45L backpack I have fits 3 of these medium sized eBags packing cube perfectly, which holds all this stuff!

The weather is looking nice - low 60's during the day, 40's at night. Hopefully the rain they're experiencing this week will pass :) Since the evenings will definitely be chilly without freezing, layering will definitely be my friend. Light layers to mix & match also happen to be the easiest way to pack light & still have plenty to wear. SCORE.

This packing list for Italy in the Fall would likely work if you were packing for anywhere in Europe in the fall. 
Italia
H M black jersey knit dress, $24 / H M red button shirt, $32 / Over sized sweater, $130 / J Crew long sleeve button down shirt / H M grey sweatshirt, $24 / Yellow top, $24 / T By Alexander Wang white linen shirt / Reiss shirts top / Field jacket / American Eagle Outfitters faux leather jacket / MICHAEL Michael Kors blue skinny jeans, $200 / Rich & Skinny red skinny jeans / Emilio Pucci black panel legging / The North Face activewear jacket / Yoga activewear / Athleta clothing / Brooks brothers socks / Brooks brothers socks / Monki transparent bra, $25 / Calvin Klein seamless push up bra, $61 / Sweaty Betty white sports bra / Victoria s Secret shiny panty / Victoria s Secret polka dot bikini / Whistles color block tight, $40 / Victoria s Secret lace thong / Victoria s Secret pink thong panty / Oasis black pointed toe booties, $110 / Steve Madden steve-madden shoes, $120 / Michael Kors leather shoulder bag / Sole Society tartan shawl / Forever 21 tube scarf / Cashmere glove, $44 / H M cognac leather belt, $21 / Toddler Hand Knit Slouchy Hat and Scarf Set in Mustard Yellow or YOUR...

This is LITERALLY every piece of clothing I'll be bringing with the exception of my rain jacket (it's always with me!)

We are staying in Airbnb apartments with washers & dryers, so I'm planning on doing laundry two or three times. That way I can only bring a couple pairs of socks, underwear, bras, and active wear. Keeping that stuff to a minimum is a life saver.

I'm keeping my extras to a minimum as well, leaving the blow dryer at home and taking mini cosmetic samples of my favorite brands. 

If I do my trial packing experiment and it doesn't feel light enough, I'm going to ditch one coat and one of the button up shirts. I've got plenty of options even if I leave it at home. I'll be sharing all of my mixing & matching options for these outfits... I'm definitely getting creative!

We're going for 10 days, and this packing list will cover a multitude of events. I have a sweater dress for any nicer occasions, comfortable options like leggings & sweaters for a long day on the train, jeans for the every day. I feel extremely prepared.

In the event that it's freezing, I can wear my cheap black tights (not leggings) underneath my jeans & double up on tank tops under my regular shirts. The weather isn't looking that cold, but we're still 10 days out so you never know :)

Last night we started planning out some more specific plans for our trip, like when we'll be going to the Vatican & which ghost tour we'll go on in Venice :) I'm so excited to go back!

Have you ever been to Italy in the fall? Am I totally off on my packing list? Also, taking any tips on what to do while we're there! :)
xo


Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 28, 2015 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Ok, so I hope you are still monitoring these comments, bc I'm going to Italy this fall! We leave Oct 14. I've been scouring Pinterest for packing lists and I love yours. I'd love to hear how you would ammend what you brought, and or your fave things to do in Rome/Tuscany/Venice! I hadn't heard about the ghost tours...will have to check that out!

 
At October 19, 2015 at 11:45 PM , Blogger Renee said...

Julie, I'm so sorry I'm just seeing these! For some reason I was never notified of this comment! :( I hope my posts were helpful and that your trip is amazing!!! :)

 
At October 25, 2016 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Samantha Denise said...

I'm a year after the fact...but I'm actually going to Greece in just over 2 weeks and these are great tips! I'm only doing a carry-on because WHY NOT and I'll be moving around quite a bit. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home