<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.avecamourblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Avec Amour : Birthday Trip to New York (to see Hamilton!!!!)

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Birthday Trip to New York (to see Hamilton!!!!)

It's no secret that we love New York. We go at least once a year, and even spent a month there last summer (home exchange, FTW!)


Something you may or may not know about me, is that I absolutely LOVE going to the theater. Love it. I've seen a lot of shows on Broadway, London's West End, and a few traveling shows (and even one in Vegas) and they were all incredible! I love musicals, but I truly just love the way the theater makes everything so magical. They make everything so vivid, even without elaborate set changes and only a small number of people to play dozens of roles! How do they do it?!

About 18 months ago, I (along with most of America) became OBSESSED with the Hamilton soundtrack. It's one of the most innovative things I've ever listened to in my entire life. I knew I had to see it live. With our month in NYC approaching, I knew I could try for the lottery, but it was unlikely I'd win. So in June, I took matters into my own hands and bought tickets --- for March 2017. Yes, a solid 9 months in advance. So I knew we'd have an NYC trip for my 31st birthday!



SO yes, that's the entire reason we booked this trip. We had a home exchange we needed to use up anyway, so it was the perfect time. And if you have the chance to buy Hamilton tickets, do it. One of the best I've seen!


View from the Highline. I love those long, straight avenues :) 


The view from our 41st floor TriBeCa apartment was incredible! I've never had such a great view of the city.


New favorite brunch place - Maman TriBeCa. Such an inventive menu. The decor was very French Country but done so beautifully.








I love Lower Manhattan. 



More of our view - we could see the sunrise over Brooklyn. Amazing!





Other new favorite brunch - Bubby's. Apparently this place has been here a long time, and there's a reason. Get the pancakes. You won't regret it! (because I regret not getting them) Their huevos rancheros was also one of the best I've had!










An old man offered to take our picture on the Highline - he took 4 pictures, and the other 3 had his finger in front of the camera completely :) 


AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

We had dinner at VBar Seaport and it was delicious. They had a great mezze plate and pasta, it was perfect for a rainy, cold night. 

Our final brunch was at the Butcher's Daughter in NOLITA. It was fresh and vegetarian, perfect for me! :) 

Our trip was awesome. The weather wasn't my favorite (40 and rainy), but that's "spring" for you. I did all of my favorite New York things - saw a show, got my nails done, had bubble tea, wandered downtown, had pizza by the slice, saw friends, and ate and drank a lot of great stuff! 

Then, after 3 days, we hopped on a plane to LONDON! To be continued....
xo

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 1, 2017 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Beth @ Adventures and Aperture said...

Oh My! I am going to need to check out Maman, it looks adorable!

 
At May 4, 2017 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Renee said...

it really is! and the food is to die for!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home