- Smaller carry on sizes?! YIKES.
- Shrinking carry on allotment AND shrinking bathrooms? Can they actually get smaller? It seems impossible.
- How travel can change your relationship with belongings (great read)
- Go to New Zealand and get Tahiti for free? Twist my arm why don't ya.
- Really good tips on a first trip to NYC!
- Abbey's amazing travel diary of Miami makes me miss Florida.
- Suitcase vs. Backpack? A great list, but I still think the backpack has a place in travel! Just not all the time.
- I'll never get sick of hearing about Cinque Terre :)
- This is hilarious! Apparently The Shire from LOTR is actually a sheep farm. We didn't visit Hobbiton.
- Taking vacation can lead to promotion. I didn't make it up, I swear! Harvard says so!
I know I'm always saying how you should take vacation, and use up your PTO, and get out and see the world... but I truly believe it! A friend of mine works for a company who gives employees 30 days sabbatical after 5 years, and $1000 per year to fund their vacation (so $5k and 30 days paid vaca.... amazing). They are trying to prevent burnout! Why isn't this the norm?
I really believe travel has the ability to change you and make you grow unlike anything else.
What's your dream trip? Where have you always wanted to go? Let's make a plan and make your dream trip happen.
I'm fired up about this. Seriously, if you have any questions for me about finding the right plane ticket, how to make a trip happen or anything else, PLEASE send me an email to: avecamourblog AT gmail DOT com - Let's use that paid vacation time wisely!
Hope your week is great!